You manage the users who form part of your team from the Team tab.
This article will explain how to:
Adding team members (users)
When adding a new team member to your account, you have a choice between adding them as a Fieldworker or a Console (full) user.
- Fieldworkers typically use the Mobenzi mobile application to complete forms that have been assigned to them, but can also access forms that have been enabled for web collection. They have no access to the backend console whatsoever. Note: we recommend using the handset setup wizard to add fieldworkers to your account.
- Console (full) user have access to the backend web console. Like fieldworkers, they can also capture data but most importantly, they have access to the Mobenzi web console where they can be granted one or more permissions to perform a variety of other tasks. These permissions are managed per project.
To add a team member:
- Go to the Team tab and click 'Add Team Member'.
- Select the type of user you want to add.
- Enter the first and last name of the team member. If you are adding a full user, you will also be required to enter an email address. They will receive an email to activate their user account.
- Select 'Add user account'.
To edit a user:
- Find and select the user you want to edit in the list of team members on the Team tab. The user's individual overview page will open.
- In the right-hand side panel, under 'Actions', select 'Edit user'.
From the Edit screen you will be able to:
- Update the user's profile by editing the user type, name and email address (full users only).
- Update the user's permissions.
Deleting a user completely removes them from the account. If they had a handset assigned to them, the handset will become 'unassigned'.
Note: Deleting a user won't delete any data created by the user. Submissions uploaded by the user will still be available and accessible from the Analyse tab.
To delete a user:
- Find and select the user you want to delete from team listing under the Team tab. The user's individual overview page will open.
- In the right-hand side panel, under 'Actions, select 'Delete user'.
- Confirm by selecting 'OK'.
Assigning handsets and forms to fieldworkers
After setting up a new team member, you can assign a handset and the relevant forms to them. If you use the handset setup wizard to add a handset to the project, a new fieldworker will automatically be created as part of the process. The handset will be linked to the fieldworker and all relevant forms (as configured in the handset setup wizard settings) will be assigned to them automatically.