You can manage the users who form part of your workspace from the Team tab.
This article will explain how to:
- Add new team members (users)
- Add/remove existing users for your workspace
- Filter and search for users
- Edit users
- Delete users
- Bulk actions
- Assign handsets and forms to users
Add new team members (users) to a workspace
To add a new team member (user) to a workspace, you will first need to choose their user type.
- Only the Account Owner or an Administrator can add other Administrators.
- Only a Workspace Manager can add Workspace Users.
- A Workspace User who has the "Manage Data Collectors and Assignments" permission can add Data Collectors.
To add a new team member:
- Go to the Team tab and click 'Add Team Member'.
- Select the type of user you want to add.
- Enter the details of the team member. If you are adding an Administrator or Workspace User, you will also be required to enter an email address. They will receive an email to activate their profile.
- If you are adding a Workspace User, you will need to click 'Next'
- Choose their role and/or permissions.
- Click "Add team member".
Add/remove existing users for your workspace
Existing users can be added to or removed from the workspace by selecting the user and choosing "Remove from workspace" or "Add to workspace" from the drop-down menu.
Users not assigned to the workspace will be indicated by a greyed out icon and the role will be set to 'None' in the current workspace.
Tip: Use bulk actions in the top right to apply actions to multiple users.
Filter and search for users
Find team members by using the following filters:
- Workspace. You can filter for only team members in the current workspace or all team members across all your workspaces.
- Tags. Search for team members based on tags applied to them. Tags are useful to group users, for example by team.
- Name. Enter the name of the team member to search for the specific user.
Once you have found the relevant user(s) can can select them perform the necessary action (e.g. view or edit)
Workspace users can edit their own first and last names. The user permissions
To edit a user:
- Find and select the user you want to edit in the list of team members on the Team tab.
- From the drop-down list of options, choose the action you wish to perform
- View team member. This will open the user's profile page with information specific to the user - for example, handsets and forms assigned to the user, number of submissions uploaded by the user and recent activity.
- Add tags/Remove tags. Add existing or create new tags for users. You can also choose to remove any tags from the user. Tagging users is useful for grouping and filtering users.
- Communicate with the individual user.
- Edit user to update their role and/or permissions within the workspace.
- Delete the user from the account. Covered below.
- Remove the users access from the workspace. This will not delete the user completely from the account, only remove their access from the specific workspace. Forms in the workspace will be unassigned. Handsets will remain assigned to the user.
Deleting a user completely removes them from the account. Forms and handsets will be unassigned from them. Only Administrators and Account owners can delete users from the account.
Note: Deleting a user does not delete any data created by the user. Submissions uploaded by the user will still be available and accessible from the Analyse tab.
To delete a user:
- Find and select the user you want to delete from team listing under the Team tab.
- Click on the users to expand the dop-down list of option and select "Delete user".
- Confirm that you want to delete the user and click "Delete user"
Multiple users can be deleted simultaneously using bulk actions (see below). Users can also be deleted from the individual user's profile page.
This is very useful for editing multiple users at the same time.
- Select the relevant team members. You can use the team filters to search and find the users.
- Click on "Bulk actions" to expand the drop-down list.
- Choose the action that you wish to apply to all the selected team members.
- Click "Apply".
Assign handsets and forms to users
After setting up a new team member, you can assign a handset and the relevant forms to them. Using the handset setup wizard to add a handset to the workspace, a new data collector will automatically be created as part of the process. The handset will be linked to the data collector and all relevant forms (as configured in the handset setup wizard settings) will be assigned to them automatically.